Welcome to Adrift, an alternate universe historical role play set in Nassau, 1715. We hope to cater to this genre on a Jcink server Winter 2014. You can find our tagged post at #adriftrp. In the meantime, here’s a quick guide at what to expect!
- A plot that focuses on the humans of Nassau and their daily struggles against an ever changing social, political and economic climate that is the Caribbean in the 18th century.
- Inspiration from various fictional as well as historical resources, including, but not limited to, Black Sails, The Pirates of the Caribbean films, and Assasin’s Creed: Black Flag
- Staff search
- Previews (plot, rules, application, canons, etc) will be posted whenever new material is finished, not based on how many followers we’ve gained.
- Setting/Plot/Character driven prompts and contests (based on number of submissions to the tag) for early reservations and entry.
- Site-wide events to spur along character development and member involvement.
- Original canons to take the place of our important figures within Nassau (real historical figures, such as Charles Vane, Edward Teach, Jack Rackham, Anne Bonny, etc will not be playable characters or even exist in our alternate world. Remote historical figures such as monarchs will remain the same as NPCs).
Michael Fassbender Poses For A Pic With A Fan Today In New Zealand
-What happened to Frank?? Something must have happened to him to make him like that.
-Nothing happened to him.. He’s got a mental illness.
My Least Favorite Trope (and this post will include spoilers for The Lego Movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Matrix, Western Civilization, and—cod help me—Bulletproof Monk*.) is the thing where there’s an awesome, smart, wonderful, powerful female character who by all rights ought to be the Chosen One and the hero of the movie, who is tasked with taking care of some generally ineffectual male character who is, for reasons of wish fulfillment, actually the person the film focuses on. She mentors him, she teaches him, and she inevitably becomes his girlfriend… and he gets the job she wanted: he gets to be the Chosen One even though she’s obviously far more qualified. And all he has to do to get it and deserve it is Man Up and Take Responsibility.
And that’s it. Every god-damned time. The mere fact of naming the films above and naming the trope gives away the entire plot and character arc of every single movie.”
I love you all.
I’m sitting in the mental health center waiting for my appointment and there is greys anatomy on TV lemme tell you this isn’t good for my mental health eugh
On disrespect: “I have been in relationships where a man has disrespected me, and I don’t need to be friends with that man anymore. I don’t want to be the one going, ‘I’m cool, because I’m friends with all my exes.’ There’s a reason why you’re called an ex. I crossed you off my list. Moving on. You cross a line, you need to know that you’re going to walk this earth knowing that there’s an individual who has no respect for you.” — Zoe Saldana for Marie Claire Magazine, August 2014
Hard to describe Frank.